All people deserve a home where they are safe, warm, and secure.
There is an urgent need to rethink how the borough and Housing Associations, with all key stakeholders come together to place residents at the centre of planning and delivery of services and decent homes.
Liberal Democrats will fight for:
- More social affordable rent homes on new developments including independent living for older residents, family-sized homes and those with disability/mobility needs
- A cross-department team within the Council to ensure all homes are habitable with noise insulation and energy efficiency improvements
- Develop a new funding scheme on the refurbishment of voids to prevent the sale and ensure properties are compliant with fire standards and are fit for purpose
- No sale of Housing Association property without referral and first refusal of the Council
- A review of data sharing on nominations and a sensitive lettings policy
- Monitoring timelines on repairs and complaints resolution
- Housing Associations to hold regular local face-to-face Tenants’ Surgeries
- Publish tenant satisfaction and performance indicators
- Establishing a disability access officer role within Planning
Holding Landlords to account
For our views on other issues in the borough please check out the Our Campaigns section of the website by clicking here.