Last chance to register to vote! Voter Registration closes on tomorrow Tuesday 17 April 2018!
If you've never registered to vote, or have recently moved house, you need to register to be able to vote on May 3rd.
Registration is easy, just go to www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
If you have already registered to vote and you haven't changed your name or address then you don't need to re-register to vote.
You can't vote on May 3 if you aren't register!
Who can vote?
To vote in a local council election you must be registered to vote, 18 years old or over on polling day, and also be one of the following:
- a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the European Union
- resident in the UK
- not be subject to any legal incapacity to vote
The following cannot vote in a local council election:
- anyone other than British, qualifying Commonwealth or European Union citizens
- convicted persons detained in pursuance of their sentences, excluding contempt of court (though remand prisoners, unconvicted prisoners and civil prisoners can vote if they are on the electoral register)
- anyone found guilty within the previous five years of corrupt or illegal practices in connection with an election
(More information available at www.yourvotematters.co.uk)